Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Ripping from Magical Starsign [NDS]
(03-20-2019, 03:09 PM)Akaiji Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 12:32 PM)Lumialle Wrote: Aah this makes so much sense now! Thank you! I was using HxD but had no idea how to read it.
Sometimes the images come out skewed in Tile Molester, how do I get them straight? It's a bit tricky so I was wondering if you knew how ''

You can try Byte Back (-), Byte Forward (+), changing the width or using the arrow keys. If nothing works, could you post a screenshot?

I managed to get that correct, but I'm running into trouble with the byte reading method. I'm going through the obj_ncg1.dat file and trying to grab the overworld sprites, but I can't seem to get the pallette right even though I'm using the one that's shown up. I'm at line 00 00 04 B8 with pallette 00 00 84 B8 respectively, and I just can't seem to find the correct pallette for this.
Granted, this particular sprite has already been ripped (I believe it's the dodo) but it's a good test to see if I'm doing it correctly.
I have managed to grab some bits and pieces that are correctly colored, but this issue appears frequently in other files too. For example, the overworlds in amigo.dat do the same thing.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Ripping from Magical Starsign [NDS] - by Lumialle - 03-12-2019, 03:41 AM
RE: Ripping from Magical Starsign [NDS] - by Lumialle - 03-20-2019, 03:26 PM