Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I need some advice.
Thank you guys. I appreciate it. And I have always known it is unproductive to work with someone I don't get along with, but I wondered if I should just suck it up because many people have had to start out doing things they don't like. But considering it's been an entire year and the project has changed 4 times now, I doubt anything will get done.

(02-07-2019, 01:39 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: there absolutely are programmers looking for the same. If you've got a solid plan and talent on your own side, you're pretty much all set, aside for that missing programmer friend to work with.
It been difficult to find anyone else because programmers are such a vital part of the process they seem to get involved in a project right away. They have possibly the hardest job in game design. Such a valuable member of a team would probably have to be compensated, and I'm beginning to think maybe I should hire someone. Of course I don't know how much it would cost or even how I would go about doing that.

(02-07-2019, 03:03 PM)iyenal Wrote: Personally, I wouldn't rely on anyone else. If you can't do something, learn it; I think that will bring you less hassle. But I am not sure if that's better globally, just my personal opinion.

You are absolutely right. This wouldn't even begin to be a problem if I had my own skills. Unfortunately I have taken C++ courses three times and come back failing each time. It's far more complicated than I anticipated. I'll have to really think about whether or not I should try taking another course.

So that's where I am at. Should I pursue another programmer, if so how do you suppose I should go about doing that? Or if I should try my hand again at C++?

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
I need some advice. - by Koopaul - 02-06-2019, 11:15 PM
RE: I need some advice. - by Raccoon Sam - 02-07-2019, 01:39 AM
RE: I need some advice. - by iyenal - 02-07-2019, 03:03 PM
RE: I need some advice. - by Koopaul - 02-07-2019, 06:06 PM
RE: I need some advice. - by iyenal - 02-08-2019, 12:04 PM
RE: I need some advice. - by Koopaul - 02-09-2019, 05:07 AM
RE: I need some advice. - by Koopaul - 02-10-2019, 01:47 AM