Users browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
I'm a little late with the changes to my Blender importer scripts, but better late than never. I have versions 2.1.0 and 1.5.0 for Blender 2.80+ and 2.79, respectively. New with this release set are packaged releases, which are specific points in the development history of these scripts. As usual, they can be downloaded from https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/io_scene_numdlb.

With this release set, here are the most significant changes:
  • [2.80+ only] All import options clearly separated into their own groups.
  • Stage assets can be imported properly with their materials all set up properly.
  • For models without armatures, an armature is no longer made during import.
  • It is now possible to disable the UV checks that consume more time on high-polygon count models so that they import faster.
Below follows the changelog for each release:
Code:
* UI slightly revamped, by grouping all options into separate panels for easier discerning.
* Added an option to disable UV map checks, allowing to decrease import time.
* Models without armatures are no longer parented to empty armatures. Armatures are created only if they have at least one bone.
* Allow saving and removing presets for switching more changes quickly.
* Ensure that generated names actually follow Blender naming scheme. This change finally allows materials to be assigned correctly to all meshes, especially for stage models. Effectively fixes issue #15.
* Button labels now place "Import" before the file extension, for better consistency.
* NUMDLB importer will no longer abort on any case except for invalid files.
* Remove legacy code intended for unsupported older Blender/Python versions.
Code:
Same as above, except that the first and last bullet points are omitted.

From this year onwards, expect that the 2.79 version will receive changes less regularly, and possibly more sporadically, as I fully shift my focus to Blender 2.83 and beyond. In one of the next releases, animation importing into Blender will likely be reworked in order to make it more comfortable to use the imported data. The data read from the NUANMB files turns to be okay, but support for the unimplemented tracks (material and camera) may take more work.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 01-02-2021, 07:06 PM