Users browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
I'm almost done with my first batch of exported models fresh from my latest version of my exporter, but I have ran into a particular problem with Terry. While most of the UV maps display correctly, it seems that any mesh using the materials 'skin_dolly_001_b' 'alp_dolly_003', and texture names 'skin_dolly_001_b_col'(.png) and 'alp_dolly_003_col'(.png) are not looking quite right in Blender.
Three meshes from the default facial expression are depicted below.

Now here are the meshes textured, as is after a fresh import:    

Here is what I have learned after playing around with various meshes and analyzing the two textures:

The top half of the two textures is for when Terry has his cap on, as the top of his head is likely covered by the cap's shadow.

The bottom half of the two textures is for when Terry has is cap off, as the top of his head has more light that would not be blocked by his cap.

After looking at the default facial expression as specified by the animation files, I have concluded that the top half of the two textures are the default. Switching between the two halves is likely controlled by material or texture parameters found in some animation files (which my NUANMB importer doesn't support yet). If the need arises where Terry's cap will be off, I can have the materials 'skin_dolly_001_b' 'alp_dolly_003' switch to the bottom half of the two textures manually within Blender for now (or maybe not if the shadows don't bother too many people).

I have decided to work around this problem by using GIMP to split the two textures 'skin_dolly_001_b_col'(.png) and 'alp_dolly_003_col'(.png) into two different ones, with each consisting of a top half and bottom half. This allows the UVs to be properly aligned now, but the original textures will remain in my repository for those who would like to figure out how to use them.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 09-07-2020, 01:01 AM