Users browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
Finally, I have upgraded both my desktop and laptop systems to Ubuntu 20.04, which ships with Blender 2.82 (upgraded to 2.83.4 with the PPA at https://launchpad.net/~thomas-schiex/+ar...tu/blender), so I'm ready to begin porting my Smash Ultimate importers along with the STK Blender addon set. I still have Blender 2.79 installed as a snap package in case I need to use things that currently don't work on Blender >= 2.80.

The actual porting could take me a while to complete, since I basically must find equivalent functions in Blender 2.80. To make things harder, some functionality has been removed entirely, which could cause me to take longer to rewrite the various Python 3 code. Be rest assured that I am working on the porting part, so for those who are waiting for a Blender 2.8x version of my addon, you won't have to wait much longer! When I have finished porting them, I will come back here with another announcement. For those still using Blender <= 2.79, the current version will reside in the branch '2.79_compatible'. Use
Code:
git checkout 2.79_compatible
to get continued access to this version. Otherwise, a
Code:
git pull
is enough to deliver the 2.80+ compatible version.
Thanked by: Kold-Virus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 08-16-2020, 02:00 AM