Users browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
(07-08-2020, 07:50 PM)Kold-Virus Wrote: All right, thanks a lot! My Smash Bros. fan game uses Ultimate files, so I was simply curious. Thanks so much to RTB's model importer too btw!

I still use Max though, for importing and rigging. It'd be nice if I could fully migrate, especially for sculpting for texture map purposes.
Remember that my add-on set can also import the model files, as that is the main bulk of it. Animations are entirely optional, as it is possible to make original animations for the models instead of reusing the existing ones. You can do almost everything you're doing in 3DS Max in Blender. Better yet, my NUMDLB importer is primarily a rewrite of RTB's importer code to Python 3 (the language used for writing Blender add-ons), and it contains some other functionality found in the original:
  • Assigning the texture names to all meshes, even if they are not present
  • Preserving the original size of the meshes, as well as their XZY orientation
For stuff like sculpting for texture maps, that is something outside of the task my importer scripts, but sculpting can be done within Blender.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 07-08-2020, 07:57 PM