Users browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
[attachment=10039 Wrote:ninetalescommander pid='656295' dateline='1571436692']
(10-18-2019, 12:10 PM)dalek_kolt Wrote: So I'm having a lot of trouble with ripping the Kirby character. I'll get into the others later, but I'll start with the biggest issue for me so far.
Does anyone know how you're supposed to apply the textures for Meta Knight's eyes?
I imported him into Blender, both Centrixe's one on the site and ripping him myself, and the UVs simply don't match up at all, they're far too small and far removed to be properly oriented, and the "default" is on the wrong texture entirely.
For reference, the small orange blob you see circled in red is the UV.
Am I supposed to treat his eyes like pupils? If so, how can I reorient/resize the UV to encompass his eyes? 
[Image: unknown.png?width=1080&height=613]

You need to setup the eye pupils to a secondary UV Map. Do achieve this, follow this node setup.
https://gyazo.com/9d1f91370644e72ab53ed8f0ef81e75d
Huh. I learned something new. Thank you.
This has nothing to do with ripping from Smash, but one of the models I've ripped from another game was also suffering from me not knowing that secondary UV maps existed. Now that I've found them, the model looks MUCH better. There's only one thing left to fix.
Is there any way to remove a certain color from a texture that is meant to be overlaid on another texture?

The tattoo and pupil are meant to be overlaid on the face texture, but because there is some surrounding white color on both textures it just looks awkwardly slapped on. My current solution if going into Photoshop and magic-wanding the white away, but I was curious if there was a way to remove the whit in Blender if I run into more models like this in the future.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by dalek_kolt - 10-18-2019, 07:05 PM