Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
Hello! I noticed this project and was eager to pick it up as I'm eventually going to need to learn this stuff anyways. Smile
So I was able to use Worldblender's NUMDLB import script for Blender 2.79b and followed VirtualTurtle's video on how to apply the textures in Blender. I was working with the Samus model because I wanted to use it for something, and so everything went fine. After applying the node setup in Blender 2.79b, I opened it in Blender 2.8 and looked in awe of how amazing it looked XD.

I've already converted the textures to DDS using QuickBMS and then to pngs using Noesis. Everything looks fine except there's only one problem:

How do I export to Collada with the textures assigned to the DAE file?

I think somebody else already asked this question but I couldn't find any reply (or if there was one, I missed it during my search over the 31 pages in this thread). I'm still learning the nuances of Blender, and I've researched this question all over the interwebs but to no avail. I know this probably sounds like a stupid question, considering the fact that we already have a bunch of SSBU models that have the textures assigned to the DAE files that are on the Models Resource. But if anybody can answer this question for me, it will help me considerably because that's the only thing stopping me from being able to contribute more to the ripping project. I would be able to help a lot with the models, but I just need to figure this one thing out.

If anybody could PLEASE help me with this, I'm sorry if this sounds lame, but I'm a little desperate in case you can't tell. 

Obviously the DAE exporter in Blender 2.8 doesn't work yet, so I've tried Blender 2.79b but all I get are texture-less DAE models. Can I use Blender 2.79 or do I have to use something like 3DSMax for this?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by UnlockedAnimation - 06-17-2019, 10:33 PM