Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
(04-17-2019, 10:52 PM)Dragon2H Wrote: Thank you. And how much can I "modifie" the model? For example: removing unnecessairy double vertex (or vertecies...); duplicating some objets like the eyes (for one with the white and the other with the pupil and iris); is there some other works like smoothing, adding edges, or anything else I don't know.
Because I saw on some model on the model-ressources site that they are like freshly exported, that's all, which means that I have to work on it (reppair some textures for example).

And ninetalescommander, did you get the update? Because each time when I try to download the content it says that servers are in maintenance.

(04-18-2019, 09:51 PM)Dragon2H Wrote: So in general, I just have to import these models, re-assign textures, removing doubles if I wan't (I saw the option in the importer option but I don't touch anything, I remove double in the action to see if there no mystake in sight), export them to .dae collada and that's all?

But when I think about it, I saw you've already convert all of them, so you can post them on model ressource, no?

And despite your detailed message, thank you to you, I still have the question about the eyes. There is two UVMap on the eye objet, one have the "white" texture one and the other have the pupil and iris. And for me I have to option: combine the two texture in one with GIMP; or duplicate the eye object and each one have their own texture (one the iris, and the other one the white). (This last solution is the best I think, because we can control the location of the iris without the white texture one) And big note, I'm using Blender 2.79 in Internal Render, which means that I don't have the node editor as efficient as the Cycle Render one. I don't use nodes (that is why I don't know many things about nodes except they are very usefull and cool, but I can't due to the computer except if I force it).

3 things to say
1. I do not recommend merging the pupils and the white background into 1 mesh. The reason is then you will have trouble animating the pupils as the white will be moving with it.
2. The problem with Crossmod is when it exports the models, it deletes any 2nd UV Maps so the best way to work around it is to use the Mapping Node to re-position the pupil.
3. Do not remove doubles, I did this and as a result a lot of the model textures produces all these "triangle" shapes which you obviously don't want. Only remove doubles if you really have to, otherwise leave it be.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by ninetalescommander - 04-19-2019, 07:17 AM