Users browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
(04-17-2019, 10:52 PM)Dragon2H Wrote: Thank you. And how much can I "modifie" the model? For example: removing unnecessairy double vertex (or vertecies...); duplicating some objets like the eyes (for one with the white and the other with the pupil and iris); is there some other works like smoothing, adding edges, or anything else I don't know.
Because I saw on some model on the model-ressources site that they are like freshly exported, that's all, which means that I have to work on it (reppair some textures for example).

In order of the things you said:
  • Every time you select the NUMDLB importer option, there are some options at the left that control some aspects of model importing. By default, everything but the two options "Remove Doubles" (select this option since you want it) and "Black Vertex Colors" are enabled. I recommend leaving the options at their defaults, unless you know what you are doing.
  • There should be no need to duplicate UV maps and vertex color sets unless they are broken on import, which shouldn't happen normally. My scripts creates additional UV maps and vertex color sets if a model specifies more than one of them. After import, you can do anything you want to the models, even altering their shape if you so desire to! But you're not required to repair models, really.
  • I only enabled mesh smoothing per object. My setup is too different from what's found on Models-Resource, because my usage case involves exporting some models (mainly the fighter ones) to other game engines. Don't worry about what's over there; I guarantee you that my scripts should take care of almost everything that needs to be done, except for any manual cleanup afterwards. To see the work that my script done, switch the viewport shading option to 'Textured', or open the 3D View properties panel on the right, and select the 'Textured Solid' option in the 'Shading' subpanel.
  • Here, you can use my repository to save yourself time (you might need some basic knowledge of Git in order to fully retrieve all the repository files at once, as this repository uses Git Large File Storage (LFS)): https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/smash-ul...s-exported. I took care of all the textures, so that you can use the repository as a library right away.
  • If you don't have a copy of the converted PNG textures, I have them at https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/smash-ultimate-textures
  • Last, I also have an additional script that deals with NUANMB files, which are animations applied to the models. It's in a working state, so feel free to try it out and see models come to life! If you import more than one, you can switch between them with the Action Editor, located in the Dope Sheet.

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 04-17-2019, 11:24 PM