Users browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
(04-16-2019, 11:48 PM)Dragon2H Wrote: Hi,

It's been a long time so I don't know the news except the add-on of WorldBlender which I tried yesterday (or a day before that). The add-on works very well (and it's very cool, thank you WorldBlender) I can now maybe help, so here my questions:

- what kind of work do we have to do on a model (except assigning textures)?  (Note: for this I'm maybe not so good because I'm working in internal render, not cycle. Is that ok or not?)

- is it normal that character don't have many segments (I've only tried on ZSS for now)?

- is the add-on you did, WorldBlender, can also import stages items etc?

For all those points, in order:
  • My scripts try to automate as much work as possible. All the basics should be covered, except for assigning advanced materials (normal maps, PRM maps, emmissive maps). A few models may reference objects that are part of the game engine, which in case requires manual assignment of images to UV maps. The scripts assume that Blender Render is the current engine, but this will change once I have to port the scripts to Blender 2.80.
  • Any model imported should appear with almost all their data intact. I configured to have every mesh use smooth shading to make them look a little better. However, models containing large amounts of vertices/faces (at least in the ten thousands) will take longer to import. This is in part due to a check I implemented for UV map coordinates, so that there are not any duplicate points.
  • I have not yet tried my scripts with stage items yet, but they most likely should work.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 04-17-2019, 01:19 AM