Users browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
I'm back with another release of my model importer script! The current version is 1.1.0. If your copy of it is outdated, get it at https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/io_scene_numdlb. From the changelog:
Code:
* Images are actually assigned to UV maps automatically if they have been found.
* An action is created by default to backup the rest pose; useful for going back to a clean state.
* Materials have fake users set so that they do not get removed if they are not used.
* Meshes have their origins set to their geometrical medians after they have been transformed.
To display these images on meshes, switch the viewport shading option to 'Textured', or open the 3D View properties panel on the right, and select the 'Textured Solid' option in the 'Shading' subpanel. With images assigned to UV maps automatically, this is one less step that we have to go through manually, and saves a considerable amount of time per model processed. However, the images have to be located in the same directory with the model files, and they must have the same name as that of the original texture files, excluding the extension.

I have also been busy trying to get the animation importer to work correctly, but I'm not entirely there. All of the UI aspects of this script are working correctly, but some of the backend code is not quite right, especially as it relates to transforming bones (it's made more complicated by the fact that Blender uses the Z-axis as its up axis, instead of the Y-axis). I'm sure that all the data from the original files is being read correctly, but I just can't pinpoint where my code goes wrong. Angry Setting each bone to each matrix isn't enough to solve this problem, so I believe it has something to do with the resulting transformations not inheriting their parent bones' transformations.
Code:
* NUANMB importer script is still work-in-progress - the following are known to work correctly:
   * Creating an action and setting its name.
   * Collecting how many frames to set and keying each one.
   * Visibility animations are the only kind of animation that are imported correctly. All other kinds are unsupported, or fail to import correctly.
UPDATE: Check below for a new post about the latest release, 1.2.0.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 03-29-2019, 06:11 AM