Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
I have some news about my projects that utilize the Smash Ultimate fighter models (note that both build on top of existing open-source projects):
From https://github.com/SE2Dev/io_anim_seanim...-468137563:
I am planning on using the animation files (once they are converted from .nuanmb to .seanim) for these projects of mine [There is a possibility that everything that I did may have to be redone if I cannot utilize exported .seanim files;  I might want to try my hands at code alteration to allow for batch exports of the animation files so that I don't have to go through each one by hand]:
  • https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/ssbu-karts-for-stk, for SuperTuxKart - An addon collection for this kart racing game featuring the entire Smash Ultimate roster, plus DLC characters. An earlier post already announced this, but I will use this post to tell about some of my future plans for this collection.
    Race as one of over 70 Smash fighters in a variety of tracks and modes! Do a grand prix, or duke it out in battles with other karts!
    Where will the animations be used: winning, losing, jump, backpedal, and kart selection screen animations. There is no place other than the ones I mentioned to use the animation files, otherwise I will have to create new ones from scratch. This project already has files available, and are ready-to-deploy. All files have been adjusted for the next release 0.10, and will be enhanced once I have a solution that will allow me to reuse the animation files without causing my models' meshes to become badly distorted.
  • Another project that is voxel exploration-based, using Minetest as the base. It will appear as a mod that allows changing the player model to one of over 70 Smash fighters from the entire base roster of Smash Ultimate, plus DLC characters. Depending on the mods enabled at world runtime, the available genres can vary.
    Explore a huge voxel-based world with your favorite Smash fighter! Build a world of your own, or mine underground for resources! Expand the Smash fighters' adventure with mods for a better experience!
    Animations will be used here more often, for all the actions that the player can take. However, this project is best worked on with existing animations, as creating new ones will be very time-consuming for me. This project is not yet in existance, as I am awaiting a solution that will allow me to reuse the animation files without causing my models' meshes to become badly distorted. It may also not be started on until after the next release 5.0.
Note that there is no deadline for these projects to be completed by. They will exist for as long as the upstream projects continue development, and I do not receive any DMCA takedown notices that can force me to disable public access to them. They will also be maintained to ensure compatibility with the latest upstream versions, even after DLC characters are no longer being announced and released.

Edit: I'm undertaking the big task of rewriting the NUMDLB importer script from MAXScript to Python so that it will be possible to import the original models directly into Blender, without the need to switch operating systems or use intermediate programs for conversion. The converted script will appear at https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/io_scene_numdlb, once it's tested and working.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 02-28-2019, 04:04 AM