Users browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
(02-20-2019, 01:02 AM)ShadowSlyIX Wrote: also how do i do that like what do i do to blank out the normal maps? this is my first time and i have no idea how to separate the nor's color channels that's all i ask so i can learn not to do this again. Maybe i can use Photoshop for this.
Yep, you can use Photoshop for that with no issue. I'm not sure which version you're using (I've got CS5 currently), but here's how it's done -- first, set your current background color to pure white and change the window on the right side from "Layers" to "Channels". Then, import all of the _nor files into Photoshop, and for each one you'll want to, in order -- select the blue channel only, CTRL+A (select all), CTRL+X (cut, this should "blank" the blue channel and make it pure white due to the background colour set earlier), save the file, convert it to greyscale (Image > Mode > Greyscale), paste back in the image you cut earlier, and then finally save that as a new image. Since it doesn't have a "proper" name, you can either do what I did and give it the same filename with "_ink" at the end, add "_blend" or you can simply have "_nor_b".

If done correctly, you should have the two files -- the regular normal map without the green blobs all over it, and a black-and-white texture that has said blobs on it.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Random Talking Bush - 02-20-2019, 01:04 PM