Users browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
(01-26-2019, 09:56 PM)Dragon2H Wrote: ...
Here is a video I found on model ressources, the first part is maybe not interrested for you but the others may help a lot. Sorry, it's all I can do without doing mistakes. I'll see if I can do more, but right now, for me it would be like hitting my head to pass the wall (only me, maybe not you guys). I hope I've been understandable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lisp713k38s from VirtualTurtle"

I hope you'll see it and it will help you. Or you can continue what you do, repair and re-paint the weights of all the bones.

I did see that video weeks earlier, but most of it doesn't apply to the current project I'm working on (although those things I can come back to later on) because:
  • SuperTuxKart's engine is unable to utilize Blender or Cycles materials, leaving me with UV map texturing, vertex coloring, and whatever options I'm given to configure the shaders used to render textures on a per-image basis.
    From the linked page above: "Use UV texturing in Blender for your objects for them to appear in-game, but don't waste time with Blender materials or cycles materials. They don't get exported into the game—instead, use SuperTuxKart's own materials system."
  • Almost the whole setup shown in that video requires Windows, and I'm not always fond of sticking with proprietary software (except if using them is the only way I can get something that has to be done), whereas I use Ubuntu GNU/Linux much more often on my desktop computers, so I try to stick with the methods that don't force me to redo large portions of my work, which is that I can re-assign vertex groups and create any missing ones.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 01-26-2019, 10:28 PM