Users browsing this thread: 1 Invisible User(s), 15 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
Oh no ... Sad I can't seem to complete these last three fighters with my current workflow:
  • Bayonetta - I couldn't complete the default Bayonetta 2 version, but the Bayonetta 1 version is completed.
  • Corrin (both genders)
  • Mr. Game & Watch
Why all this slow progress? Importing most of the PLY meshes exported with CrossMod for the above two characters results in
"ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: b'1.007874'"
My only other alternative is to use the OBJ versions of these models (also exported with CrossMod), but going through the meshes takes too much time, especially when they have been merged together. If I get really stressed out, I may just decide to skip whomever is marked as not complete... and produce my addon karts without the 2.5 mentioned characters. (screenshot below)

Positive Update: After altering CrossMod's source code so that its OBJ exporter puts each mesh into named, more descriptive groups, my life got easier, as I no longer had to dig through many meshes to find the right ones. This new solution allowed me to complete Bayonetta and Corrin, finally.
However, I still have Mr. Game & Watch to finish up, as he has the most meshes out of all the other fighters. To make things worse, I obtained a Collada export of his model without any materials and/or textures specified, leaving me with a huge amount of guesswork to do. At this point, I can choose to save him for later, or finish him sooner. If this fighter gets too frustrating to work with, I may do just the 3D meshes, not the 2D ones, in order to get to producing my addon karts sooner.
(01-09-2019, 09:55 PM)Essential Wrote: Speaking of nodes, does anyone have a node layout to render Mr Game and Watch's materials? I know what it uses, Emission textures and flipping normals, but not how to construct the nodes on Blender properly.
Plus I don't know what color textures belong in each material,

Thanks in advance.
That's what's getting me stuck with him. Just one more fighter to finish! 68 out of 69 done (excluding the Mii Fighters)!

Major milestone reached: After deciding to not texture Mr. Game & Watch due to him only using solid colors for his body, I finished all 69 fighters. My fun is about to begin with producing addon karts, but the vehicle itself has to be ported to SuperTuxKart first before I slap on the fighters. I'm using this kart for all the fighters: https://opengameart.org/content/racing-kart
At first, the fighters may not contain much animation besides mandatory steering and turning (I will ask for suggestions on what animations to give to the fighters later on): The karts will be initially released as a Minimum viable product so that I can get some feedback before developing them further, and to see if their existence is a good idea.
Later on, I may come back to working on my model repository in order to work on:
  • All other alt costumes for the fighters
  • Assist trophies
  • Bosses
  • Items and support objects, standalone and fighter-exclusive
  • Pokémon
  • Stage enemies
None of the above are likely to be turned into karts (unless the object is a vehicle that can be turned into a kart), as I lack the requisite resources (like icons) to complete them, and that working with up to 74 fighters is enough for me to deal with. I'll still come back here to announce about major changes in my model repository, but I won't be posting here in this thread as often.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 01-19-2019, 02:09 PM