Users browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
(01-17-2019, 07:56 AM)Dragon2H Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 05:45 AM)Worldblender Wrote: My repository, again at https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/smash-ul...s-exported, is nearing completion of every fighter, with at least 63 completed out of the base roster of 69. I'm now down to 5 or 6 more fighters, but most of the remaining ones but one of them have missing or malformed UV maps:
  • Bayonetta
  • Corrin (both genders)
  • Mr. Game & Watch - has way too many meshes, which will take me much longer to go through; despite being rendered in-game as 2D, he actually is a 3D model.
  • Robin - female version only
  • Sheik
  • Shulk
I think I'm gonna need some help with these few characters, plus these two that I skipped a few meshes for:
  • Palutena
  • Zero Suit Samus
I'm amazed at how much much progress I made, but I really would like to go the extra mile to have every single fighter completed. If I don't get any help, I may skip producing addon karts for those 5 or 6 fighters. No matter what happens, I would've produced a large amount of karts already.

Sorry man, I don't know how to help you. But you can always say how you do it and what exactly you want. Maybe I can help you in this way, maybe not... I don't know, but we can try.
I think I found a solution to my own problem: for the remaining fighters but Mr. Game & Watch, instead of exporting to just Collada format, I need to export to Polygon File Format with CrossMod. Exporting to this format causes the program to produce multiple files, for every mesh the original model has. After identifying which mesh is which, and importing them to Blender, the UV maps appear without being malformed, which gave me hope for finishing the remaining fighters. Smile
From the Blender manual at https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.79/...ement.html,

Code:
Transferring UV Maps

You can copy a UV map from one mesh to another Mesh provided both meshes have the same geometry/vertex order. This is useful for example when you want to recreate a UV map from an earlier version of your model with intact UVs.

Workflow
1. RMB Select the target mesh (to which you want to copy the UV map).
2. Shift select the source mesh (that contains the intact UV map).
3. Object menu ‣ Make Links… ‣ Transfer UV Layouts (Shortcut: Ctrl-L …).
The target Mesh will now have a UV map that matches the original mesh.
With that said, I can proceed to finish up some more fighters that I got stuck on. The real fun begins when I get around to making karts with all these fighters. Wink

Update: Not including the first listed item below, I used the solution I mentioned above, and got the follow characters completed:
  • Bowser Jr. - all 7 of the Kooplings are completed
  • Robin - the female version is completed
  • Sheik
  • Shulk - the swimming trunks costume is also included
The following characters received fixes to some of their UV maps:
  • Palutena
  • Zero Suit Samus
These characters will take longer to complete, as I must either transfer from more meshes, or am bewildered by the amount of meshes to texture:
  • Bayonetta
  • Corrin (both genders)
  • Mr. Game & Watch
66 fighters are now completed out of the 69 in the base roster.
Thanked by: Austin Zimmermann

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 01-18-2019, 05:07 AM