Users browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
(01-12-2019, 08:56 PM)ninetalescommander Wrote: Alright so I've got a question about ripping the textures, does it matter if I use Switch Tool Box or Quick BMS to extract the texture files? Reason I ask is I want to help with uploading the models to the main site but I don't want to go all that only for them to get rejected because 1 method is superior to the other.
Personally, I've been using Switch Tool Box because it skips the dds process entirely and converts them straight to PNG from NUTEXB.

It might not matter what program you use as long as it can get the textures out correctly. However, I had to correct some textures, as some had transparent areas that originally weren't there. Here is the shared folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwRl-u...FpUZ3czU28

PSA about my repository: CrossMod's Collada export seems to have improved over the past few days, making the exports better than before, such as having most bones become more visible, getting all the UV maps laid out correctly (the big one - I hope to not get stuck anymore), models immediately appearing upright, optional writing of texture names into the exports, and creating materials for almost all meshes.
This motivates me to redo every fighter that I completed so far, which will consume more time, but should be much less per fighter that I do. All isn't lost however, if I place the exports where the textures are, so that they get picked up upon import. The textures themselves will still be there while I redo my work.
Thanked by: Austin Zimmermann

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 01-12-2019, 09:14 PM