Users browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
My repository, again at https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/smash-ul...s-exported, finally has all the fighters in Blender files, except for the Mii Fighters. Though I completed an impressive 54 fighters, there's still a little work for me to do. Unfortunately, some fighters have been exported with a few of their UV maps malformed, making this work harder to complete. I fixed a few of those maps, but others I will have to unwrap myself, which will take lots of guesswork to determine their placement and size, since I'm still kind of an amateur at working with 3D models. These are the characters I know that have malformed UV maps that I'm struggling to fix:
  • Bayonetta
  • Cloud
  • Corrin (both genders)
  • Diddy Kong
  • Duck Hunt
  • Palutena
  • Robin (both genders)
  • Rosalina
  • Roy
  • Sheik
  • Shulk
  • Zero Suit Samus
I have a special case with Toon Link, where I'm struggling to determine the correct textures to use for the eyebrows. The best way I can do so is by looking at the shape of their UV maps, but that gets hard to do when many of those maps look similar without zooming in on them. I aim to get all the expressions textured, not just the main body with their normal faces, that's why I may take longer on every character.
If fixing these characters gets too frustrating, I may just skip the problematic expressions if they are not part of the normal face, or skip the characters entirely if this happens on skin or clothing. At least I'm getting close to finishing the bodies of all the fighters, however!
Thanked by: Austin Zimmermann

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 01-12-2019, 12:14 AM