Users browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
(01-09-2019, 11:07 PM)Dragon2H Wrote: Hi,

I want to know if it's really necessairy to have 3dsMAX? Is there not an other way to extract .numdlb model? Like in Blender or another software?

Thank you. Smile
(12-25-2018, 09:58 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: ... compile and use Ploaj's program, CrossMod.
(01-02-2019, 10:31 AM)Mxyl V Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 11:33 PM)Noobis Wrote: yeah could someone upload CrossMod compiled? thanks so much

Got it: https://mega.nz/#!J8gEiKiT!qORv3nA38OTXx...2nFWZNaxfg

Now for my things: for all the textures that get exported with large alpha areas, I will resort to taking screenshots of CrossMod with those textures displayed, using a screen ruler program (at https://github.com/andrijac/ruler) to measure it exactly to 1024x1024. However, that requires that I have a monitor that supports a vertical resolution greater than 1080, as exactly using that would force me to fiddle with font and scaling settings just to get the texture to display at its original resolution; I don't want to go through so much trouble that I lose time to finish up other fighter models.

I know that I should be using the Cycles rendering engine so that I can get the fighters' eyes to display properly, but the game I will be ultimately creating addons for doesn't support the Blender materials and textures system. UV mapping is the best way to texture the fighters. I will now introduce the game I'm ultimately creating addons for:

SuperTuxKart
Karts. Nitro. Action! SuperTuxKart is a 3D open-source arcade racer with a variety characters, tracks, and modes to play. Our aim is to create a game that is more fun than realistic, and provide an enjoyable experience for all ages. Blurb from https://supertuxkart.net/Discover
This game supports addons like the ones that can be found at the project's addon site, but legal issues will make me unable to host my fan-created karts over there (instead, they'll be uploaded to another git repository that I will eventually make public).

Now I will elaborate on why I cannot use the Cycles rendering engine for the project I'm working on (from https://supertuxkart.net/Texturing):
Use UV texturing in Blender for your objects for them to appear in-game, but don't waste time with Blender materials or cycles materials. They don't get exported into the game—instead, use SuperTuxKart's own materials system. ... In fact, don't even bother with the Texture section of Blender's Properties window. Simply applying a UV map is enough.
However, I can always come back to using the Cycles rendering engine later on to finish up the fighters' eyes, but this will just be useless for what I'm doing.

On that same page, SuperTuxKart's engine supports an alternate method of mixing textures:
SuperTuxKart provides a "decal shader" which allows you to mix textures just like layers in a photo editing program. To use decals, first select the target mesh in Blender. In Blender's Properties window, under Data, click the + button next to the box under UV Maps.

With the new UV map selected, switch to Edit mode on the mesh and texture the object with the decal texture wherever you want. Be sure to select "Keep UV and edit mode mesh selection in sync" and only select faces you want to add the decal to. If you aren't careful, the decal will tile all over the place.

Using the above method may be the only way I can take advantage of separate UV maps for the eye white and iris. If that doesn't work out, I'll just have to stick with only one UV map and merge the eye white and iris textures as one image, and use that. Luckily, I can use normal maps that are associated with each fighters' textures, so that it may make them look a little better.

For the karts that are shipped with SuperTuxKart, all characters that have eye white and iris have them merged together. Examples:
[Image: tux_body.png?format=raw] <- Tux (mascot of Linux) [Image: beastie_texture.png?format=raw] <- Beastie (mascot of FreeBSD) [Image: saraEyes.png?format=raw] <- Eyeball texture for Sara (mascot of OpenGameArt)
There are more characters in the same situation as these two are, but it's too much to post here. Due to the way that those characters' textures are composed, fighters that lack separate eye white and irises will most likely be completed the earliest if I were to make karts out of them now. At least one of these three fighters may the first to be worked on: Kirby, Pichu, or Pikachu.

I hope all of what I wrote here explains what I'm doing, hopefully making things clearer than before. It should be at least understandable, since most of you are unfamiliar with free/open-source games.

Other things related to the ripped models:
I put up a folder containing fixed textures at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwRl-u...FpUZ3czU28, where the files named exactly like the original files, minus the extension, are the useful files. If I find more problematic textures, they will be placed in that folder as needed.

There's an interesting note for all clothed fighters: if the meshes pertaining to the clothes and other supplementary items are hidden, it is possible to be left with just the bare body, but the body mesh is actually not fully modeled (just the skin that will be exposed during regular gameplay). Although I think it's to cut down on development costs, I guess that means seeing more of their bare body or them nude will involve more modelling work.
    <- Marth, with only the body meshes shown
The most of the human body that has been modelled out appears in Shulk's 8th alt costume (with swimming trunks), Zero Suit Samus's 7th and 8th alt costume (with sleeveless shirt), and for the feet from Corrin (either gender), Ken, Ryu, or Wii Fit Trainer (either gender). Including the fighters mentioned above, Everyone else would need the rest of their body completed from scratch, and need more UV maps for texturing that body. That's so much more work to do, unless I can find something online to help us.
Thanked by: Austin Zimmermann

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 01-10-2019, 12:06 AM