Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
(01-09-2019, 09:59 AM)VirtualTurtle Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 02:55 PM)Worldblender Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 01:53 PM)trainboy2019 Wrote: They would want them to be in .dae or .obj. .fbx is allowed as long as a dae or obj version are provided. Textures would be in .png or .tiff. They wouldn't want .blend.

I guess I'm not really ready for all this uploading yet. However, at least having something out is better than nothing. I haven't finished with most fighter models anyway, so I have more work to do.

New discovery: I struggled with fighters that have separate eyewhite and irises, but I found out that my exported models do have two UV maps for the eyes. This is a perfect opportunity to fill them in with the eyewhite and iris. I thought that this would be the end, but Blender can only display one of the two UV maps at a time. Disappointing, but possibly understandable if the Smash Ultimate engine has features that Blender doesn't support.
<- Toon Link
<- Yoshi
Notice in the two screenshots in the bottom-right corner, that's where we can tell that both UV maps are left intact during the export. Blender docs has more info about managing multiple UV maps: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.79/...maps-panel
If I don't get any help on this, I may decide to finish all remaining fighters with their eyewhite displaying, but without their irises. At least now I have filled up both UV maps for their eyes.

Not related to the above, this texture for Bowser Jr. is the one that I mentioned earlier that has an unintended void, in the form of an alpha area (near the top-left corner), and it looks like it appeared during my texture exporting endeavor.

Here, this texture for Little Mac's skin is almost completely empty, except for a small brown part, making the texture nearly unusable. it doesn't matter if I used CrossMod or Switch-Toolbox to export it; it ends in the same result. I don't know what's going on with some textures like the above two having some parts transparent...
You can have blender use both UV maps lol, you gotta mix the two textures based on the iris alpha and assign both textures their respective UV channels

(01-09-2019, 12:12 PM)VirtualTurtle Wrote: Confused about how to do the eye textures? Follow this node setup

Any chance you could do the same with that last node setup? I'm sorry but the current one is too zoomed out for me to tell.
Thanked by: Austin Zimmermann

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by ninetalescommander - 01-09-2019, 06:07 PM