Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
(01-08-2019, 01:53 PM)trainboy2019 Wrote: They would want them to be in .dae or .obj. .fbx is allowed as long as a dae or obj version are provided. Textures would be in .png or .tiff. They wouldn't want .blend.

I guess I'm not really ready for all this uploading yet. However, at least having something out is better than nothing. I haven't finished with most fighter models anyway, so I have more work to do.

New discovery: I struggled with fighters that have separate eyewhite and irises, but I found out that my exported models do have two UV maps for the eyes. This is a perfect opportunity to fill them in with the eyewhite and iris. I thought that this would be the end, but Blender can only display one of the two UV maps at a time. Disappointing, but possibly understandable if the Smash Ultimate engine has features that Blender doesn't support.
    <- Toon Link
    <- Yoshi
Notice in the two screenshots in the bottom-right corner, that's where we can tell that both UV maps are left intact during the export. Blender docs has more info about managing multiple UV maps: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.79/...maps-panel
If I don't get any help on this, I may decide to finish all remaining fighters with their eyewhite displaying, but without their irises. At least now I have filled up both UV maps for their eyes.

Not related to the above, this texture for Bowser Jr. is the one that I mentioned earlier that has an unintended void, in the form of an alpha area (near the top-left corner), and it looks like it appeared during my texture exporting endeavor.

Here, this texture for Little Mac's skin is almost completely empty, except for a small brown part, making the texture nearly unusable. it doesn't matter if I used CrossMod or Switch-Toolbox to export it; it ends in the same result. I don't know what's going on with some textures like the above two having some parts transparent...

Thanked by: Austin Zimmermann

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - by Worldblender - 01-08-2019, 02:55 PM