Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Obscure / Underated VG Song Thread
I would say the Shoot'em Up category colud fall around here. I have a ton of picks to say

Expecting You - Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours (perfect voice, electric organ and dramatic feel, gives some chills)

Freedom - Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours (this one is more of a personal pick, the voice may feel great or bad for some, but the jazzy feel is pretty nice)

The World of Spirit - Dariusburst (powerful, with an Asian signature to it)

Good-Bye My World - Dariusburst

Hello 31337 - Dariusburst (maybe not that underrated, but worth listening for the funky beats)

KIMERA II - G-Darius (Machine beats with a dramatic female voice filling the atmosphere makes to be pretty great for a preparation in battle)

VISIONNERZ Arrange Version - Darius Gaiden (The theme of this song is more akin to a dream, hence the repetitive phrase you'll hear: ''Close your eyes... Close your head...'', but the Arrange has a feel for action, like a setting of a Star Fox trailer)

Other mentions from Taito: Invade You, Trials and Tribulations, Hinder Four, Invader Girl

As you can see, lot of Zuntata's work here is worth listening, still have other works to mention

Radiant Silvergun's OST as a whole, especially Return, Origin, Ruin, Evasion, and There Is Life Everywhere (these tracks where made by the composer of Final Fantasy Tactics himself, Hitoshi Sakamoto, so you can expect some pretty good orchestral music over here)

Ikaruga's OST is pretty strong, especially Ideal, Trial, Butsutekkai, and The Stone-Like

The Danmaku Unlimted 2 and 3 OST's have an air of awesomeness due to the usage of a Rock akin to Djent.

I could also add in the Powerhouse style of the Einhander OST, albeit that one may not be so underrated.

Now, for something different than shmups, the OST from Hotel Dusk and Last Window from the Kyle Hyde saga: classic jazz noir-esque tracks for an atmosphere of mystery akin to detective-related works of art, sprinkled in with some heavy tunes for when you're confronting somebody, like the track Sharp Blade (Last Window), to even sad, somewhat powerful tracks like The Last Sleep, Promise (Music Box Ver.).

The Myst series has an OST that goes into an evoque of orchestra with tribal notes, which are always welcoming, among other exotic and misterious feels (ik that Myst was popular, but the later entries aren't that much looked upon in these years)
--SOME PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT--
  • Red Crown Archives: Dedicated to preserve Cing's legacy (Hotel Dusk, Another Code, Last Window, etc)

-I WON'T BE AROUND TOO MUCH ON FORUMS, SO PM ME IF NECESSARY-
.. / .... --- .--. . / - --- / ... . . / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.. .-. . .- -- ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- / .- -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / .-- .. ... .... . ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- / .-- .... . -. / .-- . / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / -- . . - / .- --. .- .. -.
Thanked by: Retro64

Messages In This Thread
Obscure / Underated VG Song Thread - by Retro64 - 12-05-2018, 02:23 PM
RE: Obscure / Underated VG Song Thread - by Adrot - 01-18-2019, 03:44 PM