Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Obscure / Underated VG Song Thread
1. Final Battle - Dark Rust is an absurdly good song and completely out of the ordinary from what you'd expect from a Pokemon boss theme, so it's a shame it's basically unknown cause it's from an obscure spinoff game's even more obscure sequel.

2. Blitz It from Splatoon 2 is wayyy less obscure than that but it seems to have fallen through the cracks a little bit as far as Splatoon songs go? Which is a shame, since it's a really well made, fun little song and it's always nice to see Nintendo's composers shining a spotlight on some less prevalent styles, like they did with Splattack (Octo) in the DLC (though that one isn't really obscure)

3. Zed's boss music from Lollipop Chainsaw is really weird but fun - it was made by Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence fame and it... really shows, yet it also has its own identity? It's my favourite track from that game, though Jimmy's also done a couple really cool songs for other games, like Fighting With The Melody for The Metronomicon.

4. Big shoutouts for including a Shake It / Shake Dimension track, by the way! In a similar vein, Wario: Master of Disguise has a way-too-good soundtrack, especially the boss themes, with Head Honcho Carpaccio being my favourite track from the game. I'd say Master of Disguise is a bit less obscure now though, it seems to have recently picked up a bit of a cult / memetic following, so hopefully the same could happen to Shake Dimension?

5. Finally (though I could probably go all day but just for your sake) obligatory shoutouts to Heavy Metal from Henry Hatsworth. This game's soundtrack is EXCEPTIONAL, but it doesn't seem like the composer's made another OST since, which is a huge shame because it's been one of my favourites for around decade now, ever since I got the game.
Thanked by: Retro64

Messages In This Thread
Obscure / Underated VG Song Thread - by Retro64 - 12-05-2018, 02:23 PM
RE: Obscure / Underated VG Song Thread - by StinkBrigade - 01-05-2019, 09:19 AM
RE: Obscure / Underated VG Song Thread - by Adrot - 01-18-2019, 03:44 PM