Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Need help getting models from Gamecube/N64 Animal Crossing
Hi again! You need to use the command line in Windows for ARCTool to work. So, press your Windows key or go to the start menu and type in "cmd". The command line application should pop up, so make sure to click on it. Then, in the command line, use the "cd" command to navigate to the folder where ARCTool is. In File Explorer, navigate to the folder that ARCTool.py is in and copy the directory in the top bar (see screenshot #1). Then, go back to your command line and type the following (see screenshot #2):

cd <PASTE THE THING YOU JUST COPIED HERE>

Make sure to press enter after typing that ^^^ in! Then, type the following, I'll explain the <> bits in a second:

python ARCTool.py -o <OUTPUT PATH> <INPUT ARC PATH>

So, let's see what all of that means (btw see screenshot #3 for my example). First, we need to tell the command line that we're using Python, so we type "python". Then, we need to let it know we want to use ARCTool.py, so that's what we type next. Then, we need to tell ARCTool that we're outputing the files from an ARC file to a certain place, so we specify that place (in the example I used C:\TEST, a file folder in the root of my hard drive). Then, we feed ARCTool an ARC file to extract to the location we just specified (in the example I used C:\TEST.arc, an ARC file in the root of my hard drive). Make sure to press enter after typing all of that in, and if you did it right ARCTool should extract all of the files in the ARC archive into the folder you specified. Voila!

Screenshot #1 (Click the circled area and copy the address!):
[Image: riphelpmemeboy1.png]

Screenshot #2 (Type "cd" and then [Ctrl] + [V] or Right click>Paste to paste the directory, then press [Enter]):
[Image: riphelpmemeboy2.png]

Screenshot #3 (Type "python ARCTool.py -o <OUTPUT DIRECTORY> <INPUT ARC FILE PATH>", then press [Enter]):
[Image: riphelpmemeboy3.PNG]
Thanked by: Meme Boy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help getting models from Gamecube/N64 Animal Crossing - by Resistiv - 10-11-2018, 09:20 PM