Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[PS2] Need help ripping Chobits - Chiidake no Hito
(08-16-2018, 01:43 PM)Raccoon Sam Wrote:
Quote:It'll take me a lot of time of resizing and fixing since they're squished, but I'll do it.

Come to think of it, I don't know if tSR has an official policy on sprite resizing. The game assets are stored squished like that but the PS2 resolution stretches them to 200% height I think. Many 3D games do this, as its much more efficient to render a say, 1920 x 540 "squashed" image and stretch it to full HD than to render a full 1080p frame.

Look at this sprite sheet:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/playst...eet/40645/
[Image: MRgOrDW.png]

compare it to this in-game screenshot
[Image: rwChjHZ.png]

See where I'm coming from?

I wouldn't resize the sprites at all to be honest. Let the end-user do the stretching, using their scaling algorithm of choice.

EDIT: asked tsr discord and the Word of God™ is:
Random Talking Bush Wrote:1:1 would be the correct ones to submit. No harm in throwing in a second, "corrected" set on the same submission, though, but there are some cases where it won't be accurate to in-game by doing so.

so yeah don't resize them dude

I still need to fix them regardless, since the original files are extremely transparent. Unless TSR wants me to post them that way? Surprise
Thanked by: Raccoon Sam

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PS2] Need help ripping Chobits - Chiidake no Hito - by DeeDee68 - 08-16-2018, 08:26 PM