Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[PS2] Need help ripping Chobits - Chiidake no Hito
(08-13-2018, 01:57 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: Welp, at least now we know that the game does not use TIM2 textures.
I'm taking a look myself, I'll keep you updated.

EDIT: welp, looks like there actually are a lot of TIM2 files inside, they're just compressed. Looking into it.....
EDIT EDIT: The TIM2 files are compressed with an unknown compression but I've got some leads. Trying to write an experimental decompressor....
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Yeeaaaaah the files are standard TIM2 files, packed with a typical LZish compression. <=$7F are raw bytes, anything above that is a compression word (2 bytes) where 6 bits are for amount and 10 bits for distance.
I wrote a decompressor and it yields good results but it fails on some files, not sure why. Investigating....
Here's A001, A002 and A004 files decompressed.
[Image: SkJHKgg.png]
[Image: Te8Uifr.png]
[Image: rtacXeY.png]

Well, it is a very rare game, and the version I found was in a spanish blog of an otaku who also uploads PS2 rare visual novels or animes, and it took me a LOT to find it. Nice that you're getting results! I'd like to know how you did it specifically since it didn't work for me. Thanks for the help, by the way! Cute
Thanked by: Raccoon Sam

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PS2] Need help ripping Chobits - Chiidake no Hito - by DeeDee68 - 08-13-2018, 09:38 PM