Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
#SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch.
(12-22-2018, 08:40 AM)MarioSonicfan98 Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 04:10 AM)Kriven Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 02:22 PM)MarioSonicfan98 Wrote: You know, this Smash is using too much characters from previous games, the next Smash should cut off several characters from previous games, (Not the first twelve characters) especially the Wii Fit Trainers, because they should get relegated to assist trophies, despite the fact they were not playable in Wii Fit.

No.

You've got to be kidding me.

I agree with Kriven on this one.

Consider the following:

1) There isn't really a point to cutting out characters unless it's due to time constraints or system limitations, or budget issues. Besides, everyone wanted a smash where they can have everyone from all the previous games for some time. You also have to consider that Sakurai and his team have always considered making their characters as accurate as possible when they add them in.

2) Wii Fit Trainer practically represents the Wii Fit series and the peripheral for the console. Same thing can apply for R.O.B. and Game and Watch. Even Duck Hunt if you consider that's actually three characters in one: The Dog, The Duck, and the guy holding the NES zapper.

3) Just saying that there's too many characters when there are fighting games that a more absurd amount of characters in them is a moot point. Look up Tobal 2 for PS1 and then come back and tell me that having 200 characters isn't as insane as 80 characters given that's on a console less powerful than the Switch.

Another point that I would like to add: If any characters get cut in the next smash most likely it will be third parties like Snake or Cloud considering budgets and licensing. But that's really about it. Since Smash is pretty much one of nintendo's cash cows and has become a staple in anyone's video game collection business wise I don't think it would make much sense to cut characters.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Retro64, Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: #SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch. - by DioShiba - 12-23-2018, 01:32 PM