Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
#SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch.
I'm going to make my dumb DLC predictions here;

I think everything will be either a huge Nintendo franchise or a huge third-party get. So no Geno. Geno doesn't move money. Geno was base game or nothing. Keep in mind any DLC characters need to have mass appeal. They need casual or crossover fans to want these characters. Niche characters aren't suited for DLC.

1. Steve or Banjo-Kazooie. Microsoft and Nintendo have been pretty buddy-buddy lately, and outside of the iconic Master Chief, these are the two that either have fans excited, or could make money in DLC sales. They both also fit the Smash demographic better than Master Chief. Kids aren't just growing up on Nintendo now. Minecraft might as well be the next generation's Mario. BK are at peak nostalgia right now, and we've pretty much exhausted the 8 and 16 bit eras for groundbreaking characters.

2. Crash Bandicoot. We have Sega, we have Capcom, we have Namco, Square, Konami. Crash is the last "console war" veteran. He's at the point where his games are becoming nostalgic for people who grew up with him. That's the perfect time to bring him back, and the game remakes have already opened that door. His appearance could help launch him into the mainstream again. Smash has that power.

3. Rex. Sakurai wanted him in the base game, but he came out too late. And we all know a costume doesn't disclude a character. Xenoblade is a huge series right now and it is still getting all kinds of DLC, keeping it relevant and current.

4. Heihachi or Lloyd. Namco only has one rep while Sega and Capcom and Konami have 2-3. Namco helped make the game. It makes sense that they'd get another character, and these are their two heavy hitters outside of Pac Man.

5. A Dragon Quest rep. People keep saying Sora is a lock, but I think they're really sleeping on a DQ rep. It's a huge, influential money-maker, especially in Japan, and Nintendo is bankrolling their next game. Like Namco, Square Enix also only has one rep currently. The problem comes with who. Erdrick is really the only DQ hero most people can name... mostly because lead characters don't have names. Slime is a great rep, and Piranha Plant has opened the door to random mooks being included.
So those're my Smash predictions. I've been wrong every other time, so don't put too much stock in this, but this is what makes sense to me right now.
Of course, not much makes sense to me after Piranha Plant...
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: #SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch. - by Ton - 11-06-2018, 03:36 PM