Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
#SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch.
(09-09-2018, 10:51 PM)DioShiba Wrote: Back on topic however I think that Birdo would be better off being a clone rather than a full on echo. Because I don't see Birdo exactly copying every move yoshi has (There hasn't been a moment where I've seen Birdo stick his tongue out to eat people and lay them into eggs. Have you?)

That's why I mentioned the two moves that use Yoshi's tongue to be replaced by other moves, like the Egg Shot from her SMB2 boss fights for her standard B and a regular grab, maybe taken from a character like Peach, but modified to fit her anatomy. I think changing those two moves, tweak effects here and there, and new animations keeps her in the realm of being an Echo Fighter. I can totally see Birdo do moves like the Flutter Jump and Yoshi Bomb (or Birdo Bomb in this case; the stars could be hearts that move differently, with different damage and launch power for example). Using eggs is nothing new for her, so Egg Toss, Egg Roll and Egg Shield can stay the same too, but with the eggs being plain white like in SMB2 or with pink dots like in Mario Kart Double Dash.

Birdo has been reused in different spin-off games time and again, often being paired with Yoshi because of her dinosaur-like appearance. This is why I think she has a good chance. You could argue that Waluigi has equal, if not more, notoriety, but unlike Birdo, he can't be made a clone as easily. Waluigi needs a lot more love and care than that and that's time better spent on more deserving characters or multiple Echoes.

As much as I would love a Boshi costume for Yoshi, that's just not going to happen. Geno will, because of the massive demand, but at the end of the day, Super Mario RPG is just one game in a massive series of a sub-section of Mario spin-offs and Boshi is just a bad Yoshi NPC (bad as in evil, hence the pun, like Washi in Japan).
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: #SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch. - by NICKtendo DS - 09-10-2018, 04:38 AM