Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
#SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch.
(08-23-2018, 11:49 AM)Zero Kirby Wrote: I'm definitely excited for Smashdown. It gets me thinking about making it into a drafting game, with hate drafting and all the meta based on the group, so I've actually put together a deck of cards to do the drafting with.

Squad Strike is sounding less and less like what I really wanted though, which is a single fight with each stock being a different fighter, and instead just, well, a draft but limited, I guess? I dunno, I guess we need to see actual footage of it.

Squad Strike not really that much different from a specific style of play that I've seen in some local tournaments or clubs.

Pratt's gaming club did this with Smash 4 with another college some time ago where couple of players are on a team, have a specific character to play during a stock round, if one guy loses for their team they're done for the match.

The only difference between this and that is that there seems to be a lack of stocks in favor of using different characters, but I'm wondering if this can be set up in the rules so you can still have a set number of stocks and still keep the game going without having to change characters. Only time will tell.

Also how come is it that Sakurai keeps fucking up classic now?

Like, I love the fact that he took away the god awful chess game classic mode that should have been it's own thing but I don't want specific characters to face off against like it's supposed to be mortal kombat. I just want that random factor back.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: #SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch. - by DioShiba - 08-23-2018, 01:24 PM