Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
#SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch.
Just going to do a quick run down of things and a share of some research I've been doing on the game and sort of a recap of things. I also have been thinking about something regarding some of it so I'm just going to do what I can to keep this at a minimum.

https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/stat...8387470337

So some interesting news:
-Sakurai confirms K. Rool was one of the more popular characters on the ballot, influencing his decision to include him in Smash. Which ultimately confirms the rumor that the ballot has influenced Ultimate to some extent. That of which we do not know just yet, but only time will tell.
-Another thing that he noted that I thought was interesting was how he mentions K. Rool's stature needs to be tall and massive according to these tweets.
-Squad Strike: Play with one other person, or nine other people. Basically you have either three or five fighters going up against each other. Whoever loses all their characters first, loses.
-Auto Bracketing is a thing in smash, so there can be more of a variation in tournaments now.
-Smash Down = Elimination mode, but the twist is that regardless of whoever wins or loses, the characters used in a prior match will no longer be able to be selected. Strategy is knowing what you're opponent is good at and knowing when to use characters that he's good with, but those with a versatile skillset with multiple characters have better chances.
-Training Mode now has a unique stage that gives you the ability to look at the launch distance of each attack and factoring in the weight of the character. Effectively, actually making it far more useful than how training mode has been handled in the past.
-Classic mode is no longer a fucking chess board, but one downside is that it seems the random factor has been taken out once again in favor of specific movesets.
-Smash Meters make Final Smashes chargeable. Sakurai did not say himself that it would be excluded from competitive mode explicitly, however he did mention that it was better suited for casual play. Waiting to hear a bit more information before I set this in stone personally.

Same deal applies as it does the first post, correct me if my info sounds off, but info will be updated in the first post tonight. The rest I'll deal with tomorrow because it's late, and I'd rather get to bed as soon as possible.

But before I go, some other things of interest and related smash stuff:
https://sourcegaming.info/2018/07/18/vol559/
[Image: DlO5a3OUcAA1_c-.jpg:large]
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: #SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch. - by DioShiba - 08-23-2018, 12:15 AM