Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
#SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch.
I mean, I wasn't saying that those three are viable candidates (well, at least not Frogger), but the post I quoted was specifically talking about video game characters in regards to their status as icons for specific decades. I don't think you can deny that Frogger was up there with Pac-Man and Donkey Kong in the 1980s or that Crash and Spyro were more than one rung below Mario and Sonic in the 90s (and I actually forgot Lara Croft as well). That was my only point. I'd be happy to see any of them show up, though.

Characters I think have a reasonable chance of showing up: Geno, Shantae, Spring Man, Banjo, Captain Toad, Dixie

Geno, Shantae, Banjo, and Dixie are really the only remaining hold-outs from the "Old Days" of Smash fanquesting. K. Rool, Daisy, Ridley, and Simon are all on the same level of being old-time demanded characters, and here they are. Krystal, Bomberman, and Sukapon are also from this group and are Assist Trophies this time (while others from this group have been ATs for a while, like Starfy, Lyn, and Waluigi). Of the more modern characters to be high fan requests are Shovel Knight (Assist Trophy), Chrom and Dark Samus (playable).

Toad is the odd one out. He's still utilized as Peach's special. However, he's probably the oldest and most storied of the high-request characters, and has double cred when you consider the fact that Captain Toad often shows up in roster discussions. I imagine that iteration of the character has a chance, being double fan-favorite and a recent IP.

Spring Man is just recent IP.

I don't think all of these characters will appear. But if I were to bet on any group of characters to show up next, I would bet on more than one from this list getting in.

I think Geno is definitely in. I think he's the one who will make the biggest splash, and he's probably the only one (other than Banjo) who can really top the reveals of K. Rool and Ridley.

Edit: I forgot Isaac, and it's interesting that we haven't seen him as an Assist Trophy yet.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: senjen

Messages In This Thread
RE: #SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch. - by Kriven - 08-09-2018, 09:18 AM