Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
#SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch.
Most rules that dictate whether a character is fit for Smash or not are purely fan made and Sakurai has broken some if not most of these rules on several occasions, including the so-called "only one character per third-party company"-rule. Man, you can't even trust Sakurai himself. Villager and Pac-Man are playable, despite his skeptisism towards them.

So here's the reason why Geno could be in Smash Ultimate: There are no rules that prevent him from doing so. Plain and simple.
I personally think Geno is a weird choice, since he's only appeared in 1 Mario spin-off game and made a cameo appearance in another, but I wouldn't be surprised. He already has his foot in the door with his Mii Gunner Costume.

I personally don't think Geno is likely to appear, because despite the fan demand (see how far that got Waluigi) and all the other things that work in his favor, he's still a one-off character from a Mario spin-off. Does my opinion matter? Not really. I'm skeptical, I think even Dark Samus' chances are leagues above his (Metroid bias may apply), but it wouldn't surprise me if he made it in. Ridley didn't surprise me either. That's because anything* is possible, especially with how Ultimate is produced.

On the topic of Mii Costumes, I hope that aside from trophies like in Smash 4, you can buy these costumes in an in-game shop. Having that final piece of gear randomly drop was a freaking nightmare. Maybe have more stock than that to make your earnings feel more valuable, like Gear (the stat-altering stuff, not the Mii Costumes) and, if they're still a thing (I doubt it, given the circumstances), Custom Moves. Maybe these Custom Moves, instead of each character having 3 per Special Move, only Mii Fighters have them, but they'll have a way larger variety.

*Does not include the likes of Shrek, Thomas the Tank Engine and I want to say Goku, but he's in a weird gray area. He's a manga character originally, but he has a huge legacy when it comes to videogames and videogames like Dragon Ball Heroes kept the Dragon Ball franchise relevant and succesful when the manga and anime didn't. Licensing is going to be a bitch however.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: #SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch. - by NICKtendo DS - 07-17-2018, 03:54 AM