Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
#SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch.
So it seems that Samus' Dark Samus color scheme is gone and while I believe that there will be characters with more costumes than in the demo, Fire Mario and Proteus Ridley come to mind (the latter is a confirmed costume), Samus now has a different all-black armor, with yellow lights and visor. I was heavily sceptical at first, totally writing the possibility off, but now I see a Dark Samus echo fighter being a likely possibility.

As I was going down the Smash Wiki rabbithole, I was reminded that Alph was supposed to be further developed in a way similar to Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, like having the ability to pluck Rock Pikmin. With the game being built upon the foundation of Smash 4, I can see him getting that treatment as planned, making him Olimar's echo fighter.

So my new top 3 possible echo fighters are as followed, from most likely:
1: Alph, because the plans were there. I can imagine an echo fighter Alph was planned before Daisy, Ridley and the like.
2: Dark Samus, because I doubt Samus will have two fully black armors and leaving out a Dark Samus color-scheme in favor of something more obscure is weird on its own.
3: Shadow the Hedgehog, because having Sonic's moves makes a lot of sense for him and there's yet to be any sign of him being an Assist Trophy where a Knuckles Assist Trophy is already confirmed. He isn't deconfirmed as Assist either, which is why he's third on the list instead of second or first.

Stuff I was thinking about related to Assist Trophies:
Knuckles may have replaced Shadow the Sonic-series AT (for now), but Bomberman could be considered Gray Fox' replacement as the Konami AT according to that logic. I don't believe much in "they replaced them" when there's nothing confirmed for the other character, but I was thinking that Gray Fox could likely be replaced by Raiden from Metal Gear Rising, because cyber-ninjas. It makes sense, because Raiden is more popular and has his own game (technically two if you count Metal Gear Solid 2, but he shares that with Solid Snake). However, if for some bizarre reason Raiden is somehow playable, he should totally have a Gray Fox alt.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: #SmashBrosUltimate - Smash Bros for Switch. - by NICKtendo DS - 06-29-2018, 05:36 PM