Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Feedback Thingy
While I would say that, this edit has given you some practice with colored outlines, I will also say that you should not rely on editing to help advance your skills. In fact I would advise against it in this case because you're doing something that anyone can do in a matter of minutes, if not seconds.

Even more so, I feel that you could benefit from looking at the spriter's dictionary and looking up some techniques that could help you further those skills. Because even with the colored outlines compare to the original sprite, your edit looks absolutely flat due to a lack of contrast between the red values and the outline feels rushed, and it could have probably benefited from anti aliasing.

Also, if you really are doing this for a game I would question why you would want to use edited sprites for it when you could make your own sprites from scratch utilizing whatever references you can gather. Especially in the case that translating sprites from an RPG directly to Platforming would be more of a headache in itself because you would have to completely deconstruct the sprite as it is and then apply a skeleton for it. And there is more risk involved of making a sprite that doesn't look good for the final product.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Serial

Messages In This Thread
Feedback Thingy - by Serial - 06-08-2018, 07:31 AM
RE: Feedback Thingy - by DioShiba - 06-08-2018, 02:33 PM
RE: Feedback Thingy - by Ton - 06-08-2018, 02:56 PM
RE: Feedback Thingy - by Silversea - 06-08-2018, 06:22 PM
RE: Feedback Thingy - by Serial - 04-14-2019, 02:19 AM