Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Why is Zelda's Adventure often overlooked?
So, we all know that Sony was contracted by Nintendo to make a CD add-on for the SNES (which eventually evolved into the Playstation), but when that deal fell through Nintendo instead turned to Philips to make the add-on. Nintendo gave Philips a license for their characters in exchange, but Philips decided to instead focus on their multimedia console, the CD-i, and with license in hand, several games were pitched and four were made. The games made were Hotel Mario, Link the Faces of Evil, Zelda Wand of Gamelon, and Zelda's Adventure; while other pitched titles included Super Mario's Wacky Worlds (an alpha build has been found for this title) and Mario takes America (no builds or footage has been found for this title). Hotel Mario, Link the Faces of Evil, and Zelda Wand of Gamelon often are looked at as bad games and feature in many of a YouTube Poop. Super Mario's Wacky Worlds is often mixed with some complaining it is incomplete (despite the fact it is an alpha build); while others praise its potential. Zelda's Adventure is a bit different, for starters it was made by a different company than the other two Zelda games on the platform, second it was made for a far lower budget, third it features digitized graphics, fourth the cutscenes were made with live action actors instead of being animated, and fifth the game has a more traditional 2D Zelda style (for example, the other two Zelda CD-i games are Fantasy Action-Platformers with RPG elements, while Zelda's Adventure is an overhead Fantasy Action-Adventure game with RPG elements). It is hard (or impossible) to find raw gameplay footage of Zelda's Adventure and I have yet to see raw footage of the cutscenes or rips of the music, sound effects, sprites, etc.

So, why is Zelda's Adventure on the CD-i often overlooked when compared to the other Nintendo games on the CD-i.
Game Boy Advance forever!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Why is Zelda's Adventure often overlooked? - by ZetTheLegendaryHero - 04-25-2018, 08:42 AM