Users browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)
Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch) - Model Collection (All base Costumes)
(03-24-2018, 05:57 PM)Deschamps12 Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 04:13 AM)Uncle Koopa Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 01:11 AM)Deschamps12 Wrote: I managed to get blinking, eye tracking and visemes working for these models. Eye tracking especially was a DAMN PAIN!! but it's pretty decent. All the mouth bones can get a bit annoying but it's worth it in the end bc it gives you more flexibility to get exactly what you want! Still waiting for Xander!! Saw the empty file uploaded and I've been freaking out for the past couple of days waiting for something to come up in it lol. If you guys need help with your models please let me know! (lovely picture btw)

I managed to figure out lip sync and emotions via shape keys. That was the easy part. In CATS, you basically just move the face bones around in Pose Mode until you get the desired emotion/mouth visemes you want. Then, you hit the "Create Shape Key from Pose" button underneath the "Pose Mode" button in CATS. Blinking is also easy, but with CATS, I need to do blinking and eye tracking at the same time. I haven't figured out eye tracking yet. Would you mind quickly letting us know your method for getting eye tracking to work? Glad to know it's at least possible Smile
Honestly I don't have like a specific method bc its so finicky and works for some and not for others, also bc some models have a single eye mesh and others have separate ones for the eyewhites and the iris. But for example, for the Niles model, I created an eyebone for each eye and put the tip of the bones through the middle of the black circle in the center of the eye. You have to create a vertex group for the eyeballs and if there isnt one already one for the eyewhites. Then you push back the eyewhites enough so that the iris does not clip but no so much that you can see the inside of the head through the eyesocket. (I know.) Then, name the eyebones you created the same as the vertex group for the eyes and go to pose mode to test its rotations. Usually rotations will be really messed up and you have to offset the bone to get them to turn properly. I'm still not great at getting it right and couldn't get Niles's to rotate super perfectly but it looks pretty decent once i limit rotations in unity. (will expand on that) If you get the eyes to move more or less how you want when rotated then you should be okay with those bones but sometimes i run that through cats just to test it with the eyetracking rotations just in case anything changes and to get the blink and lowerlid shapekeys in the right order/name. If you check it in CATS, make sure to rename the eyebone to something else thats not LeftEye and RightEye or else your eyes will be facing downwards the whole time. OK, so NOW you create two bones from the head and call THOSE RightEye and LeftEye. These shouldnt move anything at all, position, size, location doesn't matter either. You need to make these because for eyetracking, both Unity and Vrchat try to handle them and will result in the eyes looking down or being turned 90*, so when you make the "fake" Left/RightEye bones, vrchat will affect those only and the eyes you use in unity will be okay. When you put your model in Unity set the eyebones to whichever rotate properly. the ones you made, or the renamed CATS bones. Once you finish setting up the rig, click apply instead of done, and next to mapping, click the muscles & settings button.  Expand the "Head" drop down thing and then both "Eye Down-up" and "eye in-out". These control how far up/down/left/right your eyes will turn. Play around with these until you find a value that doesn't clip/pop out of the head. When you finish click apply and done. and you then you should set up your avatar how you would normally. Couple of things to note: Armature must be strictly Arranged as Hips>Spine>Chest>Neck>Head  with those exact names and Caps in the first letter. you can have other bones within each of those for example hips could have both legs attached to it etc. but Head must be directly connected to neck, the neck to the chest, chest to the spine, etc.
 Hope this wasn't too messy of a read. will try to explain better if you have questions. Also, I'm working on the daddy Xander model right now, might upload somewhere if I can get it working properly so you guys don't have to struggle.

(Ps: Have some slightly better Res Niles textures if you guys are interested, just ran them through waifu2x lol)

Hoo boy, that's quite a lot. But no worries, I think I follow what you're saying. I'm going to have to give this a try soon. For now, though, I'm just glad I've gotten as far as I have. Though, if you do end up uploading the models you fix up for VRChat somewhere, consider uploading that fixed up Niles model, and let me know lol.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch) - Model Collection (Niles Added) - by Uncle Koopa - 03-24-2018, 09:34 PM
Posing the eyes - by hurb - 09-04-2018, 05:52 AM
RE: Posing the eyes - by ninetalescommander - 09-05-2018, 06:38 AM