Users browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)
Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch) - Model Collection (All base Costumes)
(03-15-2018, 11:09 AM)ToukoKino Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 11:11 PM)Uncle Koopa Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 07:21 AM)ToukoKino Wrote: I've been waiting for these models to finally hit the site, little did I know I was going to be lucky and get FBX files out of the gate instead of DAE. Using those in Blender has been a nightmare.

Thankfully the CATS tool I downloaded to assist with fixing up MMD models for VRChat installation also fixed any jankiness with the posing and I was able to get Anna cleaned up in a relatively painless manner (After fixing a bit of the parenting, and wiping 90% of the face bones that I couldn't use anyway.) Strangely using Noesis just made it more difficult to use since none of the textures wanted to properly map to the model. But hey I got her to work so I'm thrilled about that even if she doesn't have any eye or mouth movements.

I too would like Celica next but would also except Sakura or Caeda.

How did you do this with CATS? I've gotten a couple of MMD models into VRChat through Blender and Unity using CATS, but the bones just kind of explode when I import the Niles model using it. I know that I should be importing them using the recommended plug-in in the original post, but I am curious how you had a relatively painless time getting one of these models into VRChat. I'm pretty new at doing stuff in Blender, and I've only exported MMD models, which has been a lot easier. I'm dying to use the Niles model in VRChat.

Thats the thing, the bones *did* explode, but they were all still properly parented into their weights. All I had to do was mix weights to merge the unnecessary bones in the legs and arms and face. Hands had some strange parenting with two fingers being in a seperate parent but mixing that parent with its parent put them all under the same hand joint. So the movements that need to be there are there. Using the fix model button really eased the difficulty too.

Downside again is the way i did it didn't allow for mouth or eye movements since i cannibalized those bones so they wouldn't get messed up when i tried to import it into unity. So anna (And for that matter Camilla, Hinoka and Minerva) kind of becomes more of a kigurumi because of the lack of facial expressions. I gotta say it'd be kinda neat if somebody could port over the animations though since it'd be more fun to run around with anna's actual run animation as opposed to the generic VRchat animations.

I am sure there has to be a better way to import. Have you tried using the various fixes for VRChat? I had people who uses my Nights of Azure extracts, which are similar to my Fire Emblem, get into VRChat quite nicely. You might save yourself some facial bones if you import through those methods, or use Blender 7.80 which is rumored to have  better FBX Import. 

~~~

Also Unrelated note, Anna now has an arrow to her weapon, as well as her musou models which includes an Artillary and Tank... in case anyone cared. Oh yeah also got out all the generic spears for now, since the next model I am getting out doesn't have her unique spear out yet.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch) - Model Collection - by kurokairaku - 03-15-2018, 05:27 PM
Posing the eyes - by hurb - 09-04-2018, 05:52 AM
RE: Posing the eyes - by ninetalescommander - 09-05-2018, 06:38 AM