Users browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)
Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch) - Model Collection (All base Costumes)
(03-11-2018, 03:17 PM)Yami84 Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 04:03 AM)edumail Wrote: I'm a complete noob, but your comment about the jaw parenting problem led me to try a few things in Blender and I managed to fix it. However, I don't have any idea how people are fixing the eyes (moving just the eyes and not the whole eye socket bones). Can you help me with it?

Sure, so the eyes always looks like this right? What you need to do is to clear the parents from the eyelid bones and parent them to the upper neck.

Here's the steps:
Here's how the new parenting looks like: There's now two issues: 1.- The eye is a curved plane and rotating will show nothing behind them and 2.- Rotating the eye will still move a bit of her face.

Right now I dont have a fix for the first one except that creating another plane, making it a white texture so it becomes the sclera (or edit the eye texture to make it a sclera only type) but I haven't tested this out yet, but for the 2nd there's a fix, basically you need to select the eye rotating bone and then select the face mesh and go into Weight Paint Mode.

And clean all the skinned area (In case it still moves a bit, check if the eyelids/eyebrows mesh also has weight paint too)
Thank you very much for your detailed instructions.
I got lost a few times but it was more because of me than because of this tutorial you provided.
However, in the end, the Weight paint mode in the Face mesh doesn't work if you select the only the Eyes bone (not the eyelids, at least in my experience with these models). What I actually had to do was change the parenting of all the eye-related bones (just the eyelids) as you've explained.
That did the trick of using the eye bone just for rotating the eyes mesh and not the face mesh.
I hope this information helps whoever tries it next. Thumbs Up
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch) - Model Collection (Elise Added) - by edumail - 03-13-2018, 09:02 AM
Posing the eyes - by hurb - 09-04-2018, 05:52 AM
RE: Posing the eyes - by ninetalescommander - 09-05-2018, 06:38 AM