Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Newbie on ripping Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 models
Both: Get (if you don't already have) Noesis. You'll also need these plugins; download them, unzip them, and put the .dll files into your Noesis > Plugins folder.

KH1: 
1: Get a KH1 .iso file. You can either make one from your copy of the PS2 disk (Google it) or download one from...places (again, google it) but you need the iso.

2: Download these files. Extract the zip to a folder (on your Desktop is best; just somewhere easy to find) and put the .iso file in the same folder.  

3: You need to get Kingdom.IDX from the .iso file; in order to do this you can either use 7Zip to extract the files (Right Click > 7Zip > Open Archive > Drag and Drop Kingdom.IDX out of the window that opens) or mount the .iso and access the files through Windows Explorer that way. Put Kingdom.IDX into the same folder as your .iso and the .exe from the .zip file.

4: Select both the .iso and .idx files (CTRL + Left Click) and then drag and drop them onto khdump.exe. Let it work and if it crashes just close it.

5: Open Noesis. Go to the folder where you just dumped the .iso. If your plugins installed correctly you'll be able to load the files and see them in the Noesis viewing window. Sort through the files until you find the Bouncywild. I forget the exact file name but it's in there somewhere and, if you've followed the tutorial properly, you'll be able to convert it out with the in-game rigging.

KH2:

1: Either get a KH2/KH2FM .iso and mount it, or insert your KH2 PS2 disk into your computer. 

2: Download these files. Extract the zip to a folder, and right click on the .bat file. Select edit. Change the drive letter (E:/KH2) to whatever drive letter is currently holding your disk. (In my case, since I mounted, I changed it to G:/KH2, you might have it as D or F, depending how your system is set up.) Save the edited file.

3: Double click and run KH2dump.exe. Wait for it to finish.

4: Open Noesis. Navigate to the folder where the dumper finished putting everything (usually another subfolder in the folder with the dumper itself) and sort through the files (Heartless begin with M_) until you find the Fortune Teller. Again, if you've followed the directions, you'll be able to extract with in-game rigging.

That oughta do it. Best of luck!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie on ripping Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 models - by saratogaroad - 02-18-2018, 06:30 PM