Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to extract files from TyranoBuilder (NWJS, .exe)
I  did some more reasearch.

It seems that the "normal" node-webkit way is to package the data using copy /b:

Code:
copy /b nw.exe+app.nw app.exe

However in my experience (love2d), these files can be opened with 7z just like that (I cannot). Note: .nw files are supposed to be renamed .zip files.

Perhaps it is not possible due to the size and the complexity leading to confusion of 7z? Then perhaps it is required to find the right size/position? Which I have no idea how to find out ( all I found is https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3272...ip-out-exe and I don't know how to code/compile C unfortunately). This is probably the wrong way to go though.

I got HxD to look at the file and I was able to find some PNG file headers (at least that' what I think they are. I simply compared to a true PNG and cut off everything before the header/after the footer). This seems to partially work. However only the first few lines of the image are visible (fun fact: imgur wouldn't let me upload the image so I had to open and save it and GIMP and paint.exe open the file differently:

[Image: tWiPBPl.png]
(paint.exe)

[Image: b8pnxaP.png]
(gimp)

Again, the first top lines look like in-game material to me.

So far I have failed identifying ZIP header/footers in the .exe that give any results.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to extract files from Construct2 (Scirra NWJS, .pak .exe) - by R.I.P. - 01-24-2018, 10:04 AM