Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
*Please Read* Unknown Encoding. HELP!!
There's a lot going on with audio encoding, and it's not always easy to work with the files. There are several things you must factor in when working with this kind of stuff. And you don't really even need too many programs, a significant amount of it is done through hex editing, figuring out the proper headers and comparing the code to other codes. Try using multiple files from the same game and compare them to other files of the same type, as well as other files of known formats, and note any major differences.

Don't be afraid to ask around if you need help understanding encoding, there is very likely someone very experienced willing to help. Things like this are mostly trial and error, so don't be afraid of failing, failure is a step further to understanding, so just keep on trying until you figure it out. Also make sure to take notes of what works, and doesn't work so you can avoid making mistakes over and over. Sorry I couldn't really give a more direct answer, I don't really know too much about audio encoding despite all I said, but hopefully this will help understand encoding a little better.
[Image: WzM4hAC.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: *Please Read* Unknown Encoding. HELP!! - by Warechu - 10-16-2017, 09:22 PM