Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
*Please Read* Unknown Encoding. HELP!!
So the only way to decode custom/unknown formats is QuickBMS or Writing an application in C++ code, therefore making custom software. So the people who make the software have to write tons of code for the software to properly read the format. There are tons of software on the internet that read these custom/unknown formats. Like a .scworld opener called cave view and they had to sample the format and write tons of code to open the format properly, wow! There are so many applications that are meant to open unknown formats anyway. How do you make custom software written in code to open and unknown format?? Because I know there is tons of video conversion software made by companies and they must've written the code from scratch there is like 30 different formats you can convert to! But I want to make a software to open/convert the specific file formats like the companies did. They can't just open any format but there has got to be another way than QuickBMS because I know the people who made cave view dissected the file and looked at its format properties. Just please also tell me where can I gain the knowledge to fully understand encoding?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: *Please Read* Unknown Encoding. HELP!! - by SniperDude2745 - 10-15-2017, 08:25 PM