Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
*Please Read* Unknown Encoding. HELP!!
(10-13-2017, 01:48 PM)SniperDude2745 Wrote: So your saying that the game knows how to open the file. So you're saying if you reverse engineer the program you can find what's in the game that can open the unknown format?

Yes, you can do it, but you also decrypt data by deducting the content, for example a triangle is composed by 3 values on XYZ axis.
(10-14-2017, 01:11 PM)SniperDude2745 Wrote: How did thakis or wiimms make BMDview2 or szstools. Just wondering. I did all people use QuickBMS to decode unknown formats or make ripping tools? Did some people write a program in C++ from scratch to make a program to decode an unknown file format? Are there other ways to do it? How do you make a program in C++ that is made to open and decode an unknown file format with unknown encoding?? What other ways are there to make a way to decode an unknown format and open in or convert it?? What other ways did other people use to make a way to open the unknown formats and decode them. I was wondering if you can decode the file by coding an app to open and decode it from scratch in C++ kinda like the old school way to do it. It might take some time to make the program open the file and view it correctly and accurately but I just wanna do it the old school way. The way you sample the encoding and disect it's properties and then compile the app.

No, QuickBMS is not the only way to make scripts and decrypt data. You can do also 3DS Max scripts or many other solutions like a custom software.

(10-14-2017, 11:34 PM)SniperDude2745 Wrote: Oh, and can you please reply to my other thread. Nobody has responded rather than me. https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-31779...#pid639163

Sorry but I don't know this format.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: *Please Read* Unknown Encoding. HELP!! - by iyenal - 10-15-2017, 02:29 AM