Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
*Please Read* Unknown Encoding. HELP!!
I don't quite understand how encoding works but I think I would like to decode the stuff myself. Where is the best place to understand encoding and be able to decode unknown formats. I first want to understand encoding more so I can know how it really works. I opened a .wav file with notepad++ and there was strange scrambled up rows of characters and a few boxes that say NUL, BEL, ESC, FF, and many others. when I opened this file in notepad as an .mp3 file it had a totally different bunch of scrambled up rows of strange characters. Because it was in a different format I guess. But I don't understand this at all and I really want to understand encoding a lot and how to decode unknown file formats. How can you decode a unknown file format when it's just a bunch of different scrambled up characters than it is in another format. Is a different form of scrambled up characters like a type of different encoding language. I just want to know the best place to understand encoding thoroughly and how to decode unknown/custom encoding.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: *Please Read* Unknown Encoding. HELP!! - by SniperDude2745 - 09-22-2017, 07:12 PM