Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SaGa Frontier 2 Battle Sprites
Hi guys, I'm the sprite ripper for SaGa Frontier 2. And I've found the battle sprites for both party battle and duel battle, both monsters and party characters. That's pretty much everything.

But unfortunately unlike the walking sprites, they are in parts, and hence they need to be reassemble. So my questions are:

1) Is it OK for me to submit the sprites in HTML, or must it be PNGs only? They are reassemble with a css trick called CSS Image Sprites.

2) If they needs to be in PNGs, can I update my (already approved) submissions, or do I make a new section for them?

3) As I noticed, the character's duel battle have layers, meaning if the character holding a large weapon, like a bow, the lower body will display behind the weapon while the upper body is display on top of it. So how do you put in the sprite sheets?

4) Is there any rule about duplicated sprites? Does ever sprites needs to be unique to each other? I noticed there are some sprites are duplicated to used for different action, should those be removed too?

Here is the file with everything packed, in case you want to have a look at it:
(WARNING : it is 250MB+ unpacked !)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gis1pyijyg...14-1541.7z

Thanks,
- Rufas

P.S. I noticed while my script was able to reassemble the sprites back, but some sprites are still broken (e.g. chr460 tail). If anyone can fix it up, you can just submit it directly yourself. Permission given.
I mean, my script already works for 1000+ sprites, fixing the script for these few and risk broke everything is just not worth the time.
If you are using Firefox, you can right-click -> Inspect Element to debug it. Hope that helps!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
SaGa Frontier 2 Battle Sprites - by rufaswan - 09-15-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: SaGa Frontier 2 Battle Sprites - by puggsoy - 09-15-2017, 06:49 PM
RE: SaGa Frontier 2 Battle Sprites - by rufaswan - 09-16-2017, 11:20 AM
RE: SaGa Frontier 2 Battle Sprites - by Zoroar - 01-29-2019, 01:48 AM
RE: SaGa Frontier 2 Battle Sprites - by rufaswan - 12-12-2019, 03:09 PM
RE: SaGa Frontier 2 Battle Sprites - by Dazz - 12-16-2019, 09:15 AM
RE: SaGa Frontier 2 Battle Sprites - by rufaswan - 12-17-2019, 05:40 PM