Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping Lord of the Rings the Third Age sound files
(06-19-2017, 04:17 PM)Pingu! Wrote: Mini-update:

- The *.SCP files contain sounds too (sounds more like SFX to me).
- The *.SAS are most likely ambience files, but I will still check them of course. So both are sound archives, but they have no correlation with one another. The *.SCP's have these RVWS files I'm figuring out how to extract right now.

Update #2:

The *.SCP archives may sometimes contain smaller archives that then contain the streams (It's dependent upon the archive's magic word). These are the *.RVWS's I was talking about earlier.  It seems that SCP archives that begin with "LRTC" are already an RVWS file in disguise, and are read as the same. For now, I've implemented a script to extract the SCP archives that contain these *.RVWS's, and I'm currently investigating these ones for now. BMS Script for the SCP's that have multiple RVWS':
Code:
idstring "COTS"
getdstring NULL 0x18
get FCOUNT long
getdstring NULL 0x18

savepos CUR_OFF

for i = 0 < FCOUNT
get FNOFF long
get OFFSET long
get SIZE long
getdstring SKIP 0x14 //Will figure out later
savepos CUR_OFF
goto FNOFF
get NAME string
string NAME += ".RWVS"
log NAME OFFSET SIZE
goto CUR_OFF
next i

It as well seems that sometimes, there are no audio in these new archives. I don't know why, but I see compressed ZLIB data, so I'd assume some sort of text is down below. If anyone else is willing to take this further please feel free.

I've been able to use psound to load the audio files(Mainly from BLOBSCEN.SAS) and convert them to .wav format. I haven't really tried many of the others yet.

And yes, I think they are in game SFX, sorry if I wasn't clear. One thing to note is many of the files are based at a low pitch and the way the sounds play are sort of scrambled. For me I used Sample Rate in psound and my own audio editing software to fix the order of certain sounds I was looking for. And as you pointed out some of the files have no audio at all. I don't know if its damaged, incomplete or if they have some other purpose.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripping Lord of the Rings the Third Age sound files - by Abis47 - 06-19-2017, 10:07 PM