Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Key's Thread For Showing Off My Art Things V2
kosheh is right here,

Keychain you have to pay a little more attention when laying out the foundations of your art, like this one,

[Image: unknown.png]

the cropped head on the bottom is the original, top is the one i slanted slightly forward. Your head structure seems always to be slightly slanted behind, and it happens frequently to varying degrees. In some, the whole art is slanted, like this:

where the right one is the properly rotated and edited to look upright.

Additionally, due to the size of the head, the overall anatomy gets weird, in a halfway between chibi-but-not-chibi state, which is kinda unsettling. Maybe it's the style, but personally I'd do something more like this myself,

in order to maintain good body posture and overall composition.

If you remember Lexou's advice, it's good that you started to paint more proficiently, but it's good to consider the environment when picking colors. That's to say, even if you learned that "water and sky is blue" and "sand is yellow", playing with the overall composition and bringing these tones a little together might be interesting in the long run,

this one takes advantage of the warm yellow tones and removes the dark blue to purple hue you used on the water and sky. It fits more with the mood imo. Remember, an unified palette is everything when composing a picture like this, I hope I didn't "ruin" your art, as my intention is purely didatical.

I appreciate your efforts a lot and you have come a long way, i am sure you can get better if you keep at it!
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Keychain

Messages In This Thread
RE: Key's Thread For Showing Off My Art Things V2 - by Gors - 06-13-2017, 10:04 PM