Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
[Tutorial] Ripping from Unity Engine games.
Solution for people searching, which I haven't seen anywhere:

I had an .obb file for a Unity game, I wanted to load into Asset Studio.
Asset Studio GUI wouldn't recognize a Unity game file, if loading the obb directly. Nothing happened trying to load the renamed zip.

Attempting to Unzip the archive cited:

Headers Error

Unconfirmed start of archive
Warnings:
There are some data after the end of the payload data

Most of the data was missing in the unzipped folder.

For whatever reason, if I instead just double clicked on the zip archive to view inside it, all folder and files were visible that wouldn't simply extract.
So I just copied the Assets folder directly from inside the zip, and pasted it into the main folder. It worked perfectly. 
I then loaded the folder I pasted into Asset Studio just fine for viewing.

Don't know why this was an issue, or why copy pasting from inside a zip was somehow different from just unzipping, but it worked and I couldn't find anyone talking about this. I saw people with similar troubles, but no solutions given. 
---------------------------------------------------

Current Issues:

Able to extract specific assets. I can see a non-accessible filepath in Asset Studio, original file linking to a .ab asset bundle. 
Trying to find out how to extract it in whole at the moment. Found the character model sheets, but not yet sure where to view their animations. Comparison to other games suggests the hidden character folders might each have a .json, .dat, and .atlas.prefab associated with the model sheet.
Goal is to have a viewable character sheet / animation set, so I can mod the characters.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
.resources Files - by starshinygirl123 - 01-27-2020, 02:44 PM
RE: [Tutorial] Ripping from Unity Engine games. - by Mariner - 07-04-2022, 01:48 AM